Dan Rockwell wrote an amazing post last November. I love how he has made such a clear and simple guide to being a leader. Thank you Dan! You have shown me that I have lots of work to do to aspire to meet these principles.
Let people know they matter: (http://leadershipfreak.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/i-nearly-died/)
- Speak hard truths kindly.
- Expect more of them than they expect of themselves.
- Release don’t dominate.
- Channel don’t stifle.
- Develop their strengths.
- Minimize and compensate for their weaknesses.
- Follow success with new opportunities.
- Show compassion.
- Remember progress rather than failure while pushing forward.
- Believe in them.
by Dan Rockwell – November 20 2013