David Raney MD, CEO Nuventive
How do you achieve Institutional Effectiveness?
What questions do you need to answer?
- are your core learning outcomes improving?
- how do you assess institutional performance?
- how do you measure strategic goals?
The Growing Challenges of Accountability – many challenges here centred around disconnect between data and planning
What is Institutional Effectiveness?
- Efficiencies – business goals
- Achievement – academic & administrative outcomes
- Culture of Data Driven Decision Making
Nuventive tool – tracdat now being developed in SharePoint and iWebfolio for individual assessments
Microsoft Platform for Institutional Effectiveness (MPIE) – aligned, balanced, pervasive
Closing the Loop – plan, collect, analyze, utilize, follow-up then repeat
What is seen in a typical assessment cycle is that lots of time is spent on planning and very little time spent using the data to learn what happened and how it can influence the plan.