I attended the SunGard Higher Education Executive Summit and Summit conferences in early April 2009. This was the first time I attended Executive Summit and I found it to be highly valuable. There were about 250 senior Higher Education leaders from around the world in attendance. We were presented with roadmaps and strategic directions by senior SunGard HE leadership.
It has been one year since Ron Lang started as CEO and the transformation and direction of the company has moved to be more proactive and value focused. This is great for us as SGHE clients. There are many more changes coming and I am confident we have a good partner in SGHE.
Below are links to my notes from the Summit presentations that I attended:
- Millenials, Metrics and the New Media
- An Efficient Means for IT Planning
- Electronic Banner Access Request (eBAR) Workflow
- Banner Enterprise Identity Management Service (BEIS)
- The Global Campus – Higher Education goes International
- Project Horizon Technical Overview
There were plenty of sessions and no one person can cover them all. I am fortunate to have met key people in SGHE and just as importantly, connecting and reconnecting with my higher education peers and colleagues.