This is part two of my Social Media Guideline series.
Social media is becoming a mainstay in how we engage and collaborate with our colleagues, peers and customers. With the introduction of social media tools into our businesses, there is a need to develop some guidelines and polices. I am working on a social media strategy for the HEITBC consortium in British Columbia. Please substitute your company name for HEITBC in the guidelines below. Collaboration is one of the key mandates of the organization and people are the main ingredient! This is the second of three posts on Social Media Guidelines. In this post, we focus on guidelines when posting as an individual. If you missed part 1 – General Social Media Guidelines, you can read it here.
Here are some of the social media guidelines I put together when posting as an individual.
Guidelines when posting as an Individual
- Apply the General Guidelines – Be Authentic, Be Thoughtful, Respect Others, Acknowledge Others, Be a Valuable Member
- Use a Disclaimer – Be clear in your message that this is a personal opinion and your post does not represent the opinions of HEITBC
- Respect Policies – respect your home institution and the HEITBC published policies
- Protect HEITBC Trademarks – Do not use any HEITBC logos, images or trademarks if you are endorsing a product or service in your posting
- Timely Interaction – Monitor comments, respond in a timely manner and remember the General Guidelines
Looking forward to your comments and feedback. Stay tuned for Part 3 – Guidelines when posting on behalf of an organization.